FIN | LAW provides a wide range of services to its institutional, financial, corporate and private clientele working closely with multi-national and private companies, global law firms, financial institutions, retail and private banks, family offices, accountancy firms, investment and asset managers for both hedge and private equity funds in the provision of, inter alia, the following services:
Mergers and acquisitions
Including public and private transactions involving British Virgin Islands and Isle of Man companies both domestically and cross border;
Joint Venture and Shareholder Agreements
Drafting and advising on agreements involving British Virgin Island and Isle of Man companies and adopting the constitutional documents to comply with such agreements;
Including company formations and administration, restructuring, private equity transactions and equity capital markets (IPOs and secondary market issues). General company advisory would include;
- Regulatory compliance, including the adoption of best corporate governance practices;
- Share capital including share rights, conversion rights, declarations of dividends, redemption, buy-back and transfer of shares or other securities and maintenance of share capital;
- Transactions and arrangements with directors, including directors’ indemnification, directors’ duties, conflicts of interest;
- Shareholder’s rights, including unfair prejudice, derivative actions and class rights;
- Private Equity Transactions – advising on all types of private equity funds investing in British Virgin Island companies; and
- Public equity and listing services. We can advise on listing a variety of funds, debt derivative products and the admission of BVI and Isle of Man companies to international exchanges.
The Firm advises on all types of banking and finance transactions involving British Virgin Islands and Isle of Man companies including:
- Corporate finance, project and asset finance;
- Capital markets; and
- Acquisition and leveraged finance.
The Firm advises fund managers, family offices, promoters and investors on all types of investment funds established or to be established in the British Virgin Islands, including hedge and private equity funds and also all kinds of private open and closed ended funds including the set up and regulation thereof.
Stephen acts for both purchasers and sellers of aircraft, financiers, owners, manufacturers and corporate service providers. He advises on multi-jurisdictional transactions, the importation and registration of aircraft, drafting and registering security documentation, regulatory advice and incorporating Isle of Man and BVI companies.
The firm acts for clients in a full range of commercial litigation including corporate, partnership, shareholder and director disputes and aviation and shipping contentious matters.
Members of the firm are recognised as specialists on all aspects of both contentious and non-contentious insolvency matters. Its’ members regularly act for and advise liquidators, trustees-in-bankruptcy, companies and creditors on cross-jurisdictional matters providing both Isle of Man and BVI law advice.
Private Client & Fiduciary
The Firm advises family offices, HNWI, families, trustees, settlors, beneficiaries and charities in connection with all types of private and commercial trusts, unit trusts, estate and succession planning and asset protection.